Ok, I am done with Quotober. I realized I was not really having fun with it as much as I was at the beginning of the month, and I did not want to force it. A couple of days ago I watched Simply_Kenna’s Halloween Tag video, and I thought: why not do a Halloween tag too? Most of the questions are from her video, but I also added some other questions. So, here it is, I hope you enjoy it.
1. Favorite horror or Halloween themed song?
“Batman, Wolfman, Frankenstein, or Dracula” – The Diamonds
2. Top 3 favorite villains?
I am sure I am forgetting some very important ones, but these are the ones I thought of first:
1. Shan-Yu (Mulan)
2. Volturi Jane (Twilight)
3. Davy Jones (POTC)
3. The creepiest thing that has ever happened to you?
When I was little, I was lying awake, but then I heard something. I assumed that it was my mother, so I acted like I was asleep, but I peeked. I saw a woman dressed in black walking into my room. She adjusted my sheets a bit, looked at me for a while, and then left again. The next day I asked my mother if she went into my room, but she did not. I am fairly sure that I dreamt it, but it seemed very real at the time.
4. If you were dared to spend the night in a haunted house, would you do it?
5. Do you ever see figures in your peripheral vision?
I sometimes see things move in my peripheral vision, but I just assume that it is my brain messing with me.
6. Do you prefer gore or thrillers?
Neither. But if I had to choose, I would choose thrillers, just because there is more often a real story going on.
7. Do you get scared easily?
8. Do you believe in demons/the devil?
No, I am not religious.
9. You are home alone, but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?
Whenever there is someone at the door, but it is already dark outside, I call my sister. If she does not pick up, I dial 112 (the Dutch 911), so I only have to press the call button if something is wrong. So I would probably do the same in that situation.
10. If you got trapped in a scary movie, which would you choose?
Probably some kids’ movie like Tower of Terror. I want to be one of those ghosts trapped with the song “Sing Sing Sing” by Benny Goodman forever. I would not mind that at all.
11. If you could only wear one Halloween costume for the rest of your life, what would you wear?
A party pooper t-shirt that says something annoying like “my costume is in the laundry”.
12. Would you ever go to a graveyard at night?
Yes, but not on my own.
13. In a zombie apocalypse, what is your weapon of choice?
I would die before I got my hands on a weapon.
14. Do you have to watch something happy after watching a horror movie so you can go to sleep?
I would if it helped.
15. Favorite scary movie?
16. How old were you when you saw your first horror movie?
I was about 6 years old, and my two oldest sisters (I have three older sisters) were watching The Sixth Sense. The scene with the ghost of an abused woman was on. After that scene my sisters paused the movie and sent me upstairs. I was a curious kid, and they were afraid that I would try to watch it again, so they said the movie was called Amadeus. When I finally watched Amadeus, I was so confused. I asked my other sister what the scary movie was called, so she told me it was The Sixth Sense. I was still afraid to watch it, but now I knew what to look out for. However, about a year ago The Sixth Sense was on tv, and I just had to watch it. When the scene came on I was so scared, but then I found out that it was not scary at all…
17. What was your first Halloween costume?
Halloween is not that big of a thing in The Netherlands; we celebrate Saint Martin’s Day instead. The first time I was at a Halloween party, I was about 12 years old, and I was dressed as the devil.
18. If you could have a spooky Halloween pet, what would you pick?
19. Favorite Halloween themed candy?
20. What do you fear?
I have arachnophobia and claustrophobia.