I have got to be honest, it is very difficult to stay motivated. Not only with this blog, but also with any other situation. But whenever I am feeling unmotivated, I go on Goodreads and check out inspiring quotes. Today I am sharing some of my favorites with you, hoping to inspire you.
1. Whenever I am doubting why I chose writing over visuals (because I love both dearly), I remember this quote, that I first heard watching the film Words and Pictures, which is from the book Of The Farm:
“On the single strand of wire strung to bring our house electricity, grackles and starlings neatly punctuated an invisible sentence.” – John Updike
In the film Clive Owen’s character described this quote as an image that was never described before. Moreover, in my opinion this exact image could not have been described in a painting. That is why words are so special to me.
2. Funny quotes can be just as inspiring as serious ones. This particular one helps me whenever I am doubting my capability of something:
“To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
3. I don’t know about you, but I tend to overthink things a lot. Whenever I am having that issue, I remember a quote by the writer of my favorite book, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland:
“Go on till you come to the end; then stop.” – Lewis Carroll
In the context of the book this quote is about telling a story: beginning – middle – end, but I read it as: do not overthink it, just do it.
4. Everyone struggles with being a good person all the time. I hope this quote will help you during those times:
“Be the person your dog thinks you are.” – J.W. Stephens
5. Whenever I am sad about something that happened in the past, I remember this beautiful quote:
“God gave us memories so that we might have roses in December.” – J.M. Barrie
Getting back to the first quote, this is also a sentence that reminds me why I chose writing over visuals.
6. Every now and then I get stressed out about not having enough time. The only way to get me to calm down is with this quote:
“You should always waste time when you don’t have any. Time is not the boss of you.” – The Doctor
I hope these quotes inspired you. This was just a fraction of the quotes I wanted to use, so I am continuing this list next week, and maybe the week after that as well.